The Riverdi STM32 Embedded Displays are suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications, thanks to high brightness and high resolution. Riverdi products generate low electromagnetic interference and full EMI reports are available on the Riverdi website. Devices with specific EMI requirements, such as the medical or military industries, will meet the expectations of the most demanding customers. Suggested applications include:
- Advanced HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Point of sales (POS)
- Medical Personal Devices
- Military Devices
- Smart Home Automation and Appliances
- IoT Industrial Sensors and Thermostats
- Wearables and Smart Devices
- E-bikes and other small EVs
Riverdi displays are designed to meet the most challenging hardware and programming requirements faced by engineers and designers. Riverdi modules are:
- user-friendly in integration,
- intuitive in GUI design,
- easy in prototyping.
Riverdi relies on the modularity so that the final product can be precisely customized to meet the most demanding requirements.
Riverdi provides a detailed documentation for each display module:
- 3D models
- Technical drawings
- EMI reports
- Technical support (Manuals, Getting Started Guides, GitHub repository)
Riverdi’s STM32 industrial displays are the ecosystem based on:
- the industrial-quality LCD-TFT displays with high-brightness, high-resolution, and industrial touchscreen,
- the performance and interfaces offered by the STM32 microcontrollers,
- the comprehensive technical support with free software and libraries.
Introducing the STM32U5 MCU
The latest Riverdi STM32 5″ Display module is built upon the newly introduced STM32U5 microcontroller by STMicroelectronics, which is powered by the Arm® Cortex®-M33. This microcontroller provides top-tier performance, unparalleled power efficiency, an integrated graphics accelerator, a variety of interfaces, and sophisticated security features. STMicroelectronics embedded in STM32U5 the NeoChrom GPU, a state-of-the-art graphics accelerator capable of handling sophisticated graphical interfaces, inclusive of screen rotation effects and intricate texture mapping. Furthermore, NeoChrom excels in optimizing animations, providing features like flips, spins, scaling, zooms, among others.
The demand for rich, smartphone-like graphics in contemporary embedded applications is high, and the innovative NeoChrom GPU from ST makes it feasible to amplify GUI features in applications that are both low-power and cost-efficient:
- Simple & advanced drawing
- 2D text copy
- Alpha blending
- Color format conversion
- Scaling, rotation
- Perspective correct texture mapping (mapping a 2D texture into a 3D surface)
- Image format compression
The STM32U5A9 MCU equips developers to:
- NeoChrom GPU amplifies the frame rate, facilitating the execution of complex UIs on MCUs,
- Operate a comprehensive MPU-like graphical user interface on a simple microcontroller,
- Maintain two frame buffers within the MCU (2.5 Mbytes of SRAM),
- Work with small applications via 100- to 216-pin packages (LQFP 100, LQFP 144, BGA144 and more),
- Safeguard user data with the assistance of an added encryption accelerator engine (AES, PKA, and OTFDEC).
Want to know more about STM32 MCUs? Check out our blog post explaining this technology.
Software & Libraries support
Engineers, programmers and designers working with the Riverdi STM32 Embedded Displays are provided with free libraries and software:
- TouchGFX Designer (with official Riverdi in-app presets & support)