Most of the time when you’re in the design stages of a project it revolves around existing displays on the market. The ones that are already available, and fit most criteria.
Of course, this way you’re putting the whole design of the project on hold, because you might not find the right product available on the market.
The best solution would be a custom display design that adapts to the project and not vice-versa. What stops companies from doing so is the fact that a custom display is expensive to product and high-quantity is required.
So today, I would like to clear one misconception in the embedded and IoT industry – that customized TFT displays are expensive.
The truth is, they don’t have to be.
You can get the display solution with the design, features, and functionality that your product requires if you turn to engineers who have been doing it for years, and are experts at cost optimization. Of course, you’ll help yourself and them greatly if you give them all the possible details of the project. Riverdi Customization options offer such possibilities – an affordable batch of customized displays tailor-made for your project.
Plenty of detail
During the process of creating a custom display, all you need to do is answer a couple of questions. Our engineers will ask you some things aabout your application and the environment it will be in, and they will design your tailor-made display solution.
They need information about the nature of your project:
- What kind of industry will it be used in?
- What kind of environment?
For example, the type of application is important because of the viewing angles. The most common viewing angle for the displays is 12 o’clock. Your application may need a different one or a full viewing angle.
What about the environment?
Now, let’s think about the type of environment the display will be in: residential, industrial, office, outdoor, indoor. For example, if the display is in a healthcare environment, you need to make sure the touch panel is antibacterial. Thankfully, Riverdi has just the right thing for that.
If it’s an industrial environment we’re talking about, that perhaps the display needs special glass strengthening.
Choosing the right type of technology
As you can see Riverdi offers a unique modular system that allows the same display size to be available in different configurations.
Here’s a list of some of the available options to choose from:
- Resistive, capacitive, or no touch panel
- Metal mounting frame
- Ux touch frame, or no frame
- Decorative cover glass
- Different types of graphics controllers (Bridgetek, Solomon, etc.)
- Different types of touch controllers (most famously Ilitek)
- Screen enhancements
- Antibacterial screen protection
- RiBUS connector for easier prototyping
Naturally, you can’t think of all those little details yourself, and you don’t need to. Our experienced team will ask you all the relevant questions, and find out exactly what your need.
Decorative cover glass
Cover lens customization requests are the most common ones in my experience. This is the type of customization that perfectly adapts the display to a specific design and gives it a professional look, even for projects on a small budget or low-volume (for example 1000 pieces).
You can install all kinds of cover glass options, to meet the visual and technical requirements of your projects.
If you look at the image above, you’ll see that there are many cover lens options to choose from. Both in shape and size, as well as in color and the choice of materials.
You can have a custom solution that perfectly fits within the look of your company and brand.
Now, let’s move on to a short overview of the technologies Riverdi has to offer.
- O-film or Brightness Enhancement film – they are both screen enhancement options. O-Film improves the viewing angle of any Riverdi display. Brightness Enhancement Film (BEF) on the other hand provides up to 111% of brightness gain. All you need to do is add this thin surface to your desired display.
- Graphics and touch controllers – Bridgetek EVE 4 and Solomon graphics controllers are a great choice if your project requires a more complex execution. Of course, the offer is not limited to the technologies mentioned above. The Bridgetek, Solomon, and Hycon controllers are simply the most common request. For more sophisticated solutions I recommend Ilitek or EETI touch technologies.
- Optical Bonding – a process of affixing the touch panel (or just the protective glass) to the display using a liquid adhesive. In general, this process improves the parameters of the module, the optical performance, as well as durability.
- Antibacterial surface protection – an always-on 24/7 germ-free surface protection technology for displays. Kastus’ patented range of antimicrobial coatings is designed to enhance surfaces and protect against bacteria and germs.
Visit the Riverdi Technologies page to learn more.
Support with implementation
No project is too small for a custom Riverdi display. Thanks to the team’s long experience, the process of creating a custom display is fast and affordable.
Of course, Riverdi offers support during the implementation phase of your project. They can advise you on what kind of display solution works best for your project, how to re-write the code if necessary, what mistakes to avoid, and so on.
Contact us if you need display customization
Don’t hesitate to contact Riverdi if you need a customized display solution. Simply fill out the form on the Customization page and they’ll contact you with further information. It’s that easy.